Finding the right swimwear can be a daunting task. It’s all about balancing your body proportions and accentuating the right area, using clever styling tricks from colour blocking, pretty detailing or illusion patterns. I have gathered up my key style rules to help you find the holy grail of swimsuit.
· Flatter a small bust with bust enhancing detailing. Look for lightly lined or padded cups, crisscross, asymmetrical or halterneck ties to that help define the bust line, emphasising the shoulders and chest.
· One clever way to dress a curvy bottom is to draw the attention up towards the waist neckline and face. A slight high-cut pant will elongate and slim the legs. Ruffles or V-neck style tops in bright shades or patterns are great style choices. Add stylish accessories such as hats or necklaces to draw the attention up.
· Some important features in a swimsuit for full bust are chic details of soft ruffles, thicker straps and underwire. Subtle colour blocking or a swimsuit with shirred front will create a more defined waist focusing the attention away from the chest.
· Lean silhouettes will look even more beautiful when adding more femininity to their look. Create a shapely silhouette with gatherings detailing, bold prints and vertical lines.
· One of the best ways to flatter a tummy is to look for a one piece with extra panel at the front or at the side. A high waisted tankini in small prints and halter neck or one shoulder is a stylish choice.
· Plus size figures should emphasise their cleavage and conceal the thighs and middle. Vertical lines, rushed or draped waist details will help slender the silhouette. Small prints will camouflage the desired area while good supportive cups will enhance the bust. You can add a sarong and floppy hat to complete your look.