The holiday season is also time for the much anticipated winter sales. But all those tantalizing bargains can lead to a wardrobe full of clothes that you may never wear. Before tackling your shopping trip, read my top tips to make sure you make the most of the winter sales.
- Make a list – look in your wardrobe and make a list of items that you need. The shopping list will stop you getting carried away and purchasing things you don’t need or won’t work with the rest of your wardrobe or buying the same items all the time. Write down questions that will help you staying focus on your shopping trip. Keep asking yourself: is it worth it? Do I love it? Is it timeless or versatile?
- Look for high end items in low price. It’s all about getting key pieces in high quality that will last seasons and will work with what you have.
- Go early – It is best to go sale shopping early to get a better clothes selection and your size and this will help you avoid being rushed.
- Stick to basics – invest in timeless pieces, well cut dresses, jackets, coats, boots, shoes and trousers. Try to look at the style rather that the fashion. You will wear them seasons after seasons.
- Stick to your budget – Decide on your budget and stick to it to avoid buying clothes that you don’t need.
- Mix and match- Remember the following rules. One item bought has to match at least two items from your wardrobe. Make sure that pieces bought mix and match other items in your wardrobe to create several outfits
- Be calm and stay focus. Wearing comfortable clothes is also essential. Go for flat shoes and clothes that are easy to put on and take off.
- Buy items that truly flatter you would you love it was in full price? Make sure to the garment suits you and that you love it love it the same if it were full price